Antisocial personality disorder
"This guideline was amended in June 2013 following publication of 'Antisocial Behaviour and Conduct Disorders in Children and Young People' (NICE clinical guideline 158). Some recommendations have been removed or replaced by NICE clinical guideline 158."
Summary[Published January 2009, expected review date TBC]
This guideline covers:
- the care, treatment and support that people with antisocial personality disorder and their families or carers should be offered
- the care and treatment that children with conduct problems and their families or carers should be offered.
This guideline does not cover:
- treatments not normally available in the NHS or prison health services.
Documents[Guideline documents for download]
For healthcare professionals [NCCMH and NICE documents]
- CG77 Antisocial personality disorder: NCCMH full guideline
- CG77 Antisocial personality disorder: NCCMH full guideline appendices
- CG77 Antisocial personality disorder: NICE guideline
For patients, carers and the public [NICE documents]
Background information [NICE documents]
- New NICE guidelines set to improve treatment and management of people with antisocial personality disorder
Purchase this guideline
- Printed copies of our full guidelines (including CDROMs) can be purchased from the RCPsych Bookshop.
Implementation[Information to help you implement this guideline locally]
Any further information on implementation [NICE documents]
- Antisocial personality disorder: NICE costing report
- Antisocial personality disorder: NICE costing template